Friday, November 9, 2007

New Video Trailer

I just finished creating a video trailer for Stewards of the Flame -- most fun I've had in a long time! I had never tried working with video before; I'd been vaguely aware that software for movie making came with Windows, but had assumed it was useful only for people with camcorders, and had never even opened the program. But then I noticed how many authors are paying large sums for the creation of book trailers using stills, and decided to find out how to make my own. I was amazed at how easy it is! I spent a lot of time hunting for just the right pictures at a stock photo site (the same site where I got the cover photo for the book; I had some download credits left) and then hunting for appropriate music at a royalty-free music site and editing the track to fit the video length. But the actual creation of the video took hardly any time after I learned to use the software.

So here it is. It has lots of pictures to suggest the nature of the story. Please let me know what you think!

If you don't have a fast enough Internet connection for streaming video, you can see the pictures as stills.

P.S. If you'd like to embed the video on your own site, see my instructions in the comments here on where to find the code.


2 comments:

Jess said...

That was fun! When I'm not at work I have to watch it again with the music. The video did its job well - I feel much more interested in the story now than I was even from reading the sample chapters! I've been putting off buying because of money but I think I'll squeeze it in a little sooner now!

Would you be willing to post a link for people to embed the video in their own sites? I would love to e-mail it to my friends and post it on my blog to stir the interest of my likeminded folks.

Sylvia said...

Thanks, Jess! Of course I'd be delighted to have it posted on your blog. The video is on at least a dozen different hosting sites, most of which provide code for embedding it on your own site. You can get it at YouTube -- (and if you have an account there I'd be happy if you'd rate it!) Or you can get it at Stewardsof theflame.com, where it's hosted by SplashCast and is a little better quality. To get the link for embedding from that version you need to bring up the controls by mousing over the picture while it's playing.